Elegance of the Nile - Royal Suite, Winter 2021 2022
Elegance Of The Nile – Royal Suite, Winter 2021 2022 Royal Suite
See the best of Egypt on this 11-day guided tour. Enjoy an afternoon in Cairo before joining an Egyptologist for an exclusive visit to the Pyramids of Giza, where you’ll walk inside one of its caverns and see the Sphinx. At the Egyptian Museum, gaze upon priceless treasures taken from the tomb of the country’s most famous pharaoh, Tutankhamun. See the Temple of Luxor during a VIP, after-hours visit, exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site free from other tour groups. See the Valley of the Kings, where Tutankhamun is buried. Sip on tea at the Cataract Hotel, where Winston Churchill once dined. And visit the Esna Temple, a striking waterfront structure.
- : Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- : Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19. All Travelling Concierge’s and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- : We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
- Giza: Join your Egyptologist to explore the impressive city of Giza, where you meet the enigmatic Sphinx and proceed deep inside one of the Pyramids. Admire the hieroglyphs etched on the walls and the covert chambers where great pharaohs met their gods.
- Saqqara Necropolis: Accompany your Egyptologist to see the Step Pyramid of Zoser, the first pyramid that the Egyptians built, more than 4,700 years ago. It was designed by the architect, Imhotep, to honor his much-respected King, whom it is named after.
- El Omraniya: Watch in wonder as the Pyramids of Giza are brought to life against the night sky by a mesmerising presentation of sound and light. Hear the ancient tales of Egypt as these spectacular monuments are illuminated by giant scale projections.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man. The most important place of worship in Egypt for nearly 800 years, Karnak is an extraordinary sight, presided over by the archaeologically magnificent Temple of Amun.
- Dendera: Visit the magnificent Temple of Hathor, one of the best preserved temples in all Egypt. Explore the complex to see rare images of Cleopatra VII and Caesarian and witness the Dendera Light, which some historians believe depicts an ancient electric lightbulb.
- West Bank: Pause to view the spectacular Colossi of Memnon. These enormous twin statues of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III sit 60 feet above the plain and dominate the landscape with their 720-tonne masses. Gaze upon the breathtaking scene they create.
- Valley of the Kings: Venture to the Necropolis with your Egyptologist and discover the resting place of many Pharaohs. See the royal tombs and visit the Temple of Hatshepsut with its pillared porticoes and vibrant reliefs, making it one of the world’s most striking architectural masterpieces.
- Valley of the Kings: Follow in the footsteps of the Pharaohs as you walk into the Valley of the Kings and explore the magnificent burial chambers of Egypt’s ancient rulers.
- Kom Ombo: Arrive at Kom Ombo on the banks of the Nile, a unique double temple that is dedicated to two gods. See the mummified crocodiles that were in honour of Sobek and the identical temple made for Horus, the falcon-headed god.
- Kitchener’s Island: Cruise on the Nile in an elegant wooden felucca as the winds ease you around the botanical vistas of Kitchener’s Island. Admire the lush greenery of the Island of Plants as your drift through the afternoon aboard your traditional vessel.
- Aswan: Marvel at the monumental engineering of Egypt, ancient and modern. See the 3500-year-old unfinished obelisk of Hatshepsut, an unrivaled example of the advanced construction of the Pharaohs, and take in the Aswan High Dam, responsible for creating the enormous Lake Nasser.
- Aswan: Visit the traditional home of a local family and enjoy Nubian-style hospitality as you learn about life in the small village. Discover the deeper meanings behind the bright colours and painted symbols of the remarkable dwellings.
- Philae Island: Cross the Nile by motorboat and visit the immaculately preserved Philae temple complex. Walk amidst the ancient columns of this Nubian monument site, rescued from devastation by UNESCO when it was moved stone by stone from the flood plains of the Aswan High Dam.
- Esna: Visit the well preserved Esna Temple, dedicated to the god of creation, the ram-headed Khnum. Parts of the temple were built during different eras and it appears this was the first shrine built during the reign of Thuthmosis III.
- Cairo: Go sightseeing with your Travelling Concierge to visit the medieval citadel and Muhammed Ali Pasha’s distinctive Alabaster Mosque. Then venture into the dazzling Khan El Halili bazaar, where stained glass lamps sit alongside handmade carpets and the aroma of traditional spices fills the air.
- Cairo: Walk through the Egyptian Museum in the company of your Travelling Concierge, a knowledgeable Egyptologist, who will guide you through the most extensive collection of Pharaonic antiquities in the world, including the priceless ancient treasures from the Tomb of Tutankhamun.
- Luxor: Approach the Temple of Luxor along the Avenue of Sphinxes and see the ancient stones on your special after-hours visit. Look to the top of the remaining Pylon of Ramses II and step into the anci…
Cairo at Leisure.
Join your Cruise in Luxor.
The Temple of Hathor and Luxor. Cruise
The West Bank and Valley of the Kings.
A Felucca Around Kitchener’s Island.
Aswan and High Dam.
Relax upon the Nile. Relaxed Start
From Esna to Luxor. Relaxed Start
Luxor to Cairo.