Wonders of the American West - Classic Group, 2023
Wonders Of The American West – Classic Group, 2023
See the best of the American West on this two-week guided tour. Join a Local Expert at Grand Canyon National Park for a one-of-a-kind experience: Allow the expert to guide you through the park while teaching you about how this national treasure was formed. On the way to picturesque Lake Powell, stop at the Glen Canyon Dam, then lounge at the pool of your hotel. Meet a Navajo guide in Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board ATVs, explore the valley and learn about the tribe’s history. Later, eat a traditional Navajo lunch amid the valley’s beautiful buttes and mesas. In Moab, see the ancient pueblo dwellings in Mesa Verde National Park, where the Ancestral Pueblo people once lived. Travel to Bryce Canyon National Park to explore its rock pillars and natural amphitheaters – then feast with your fellow travelers overlooking the park’s iconic orange rock formations.
- Las Vegas: At 18:00, join your Travel Director and companions for a Welcome Dinner with wine at the award-winning Bacchanal Buffet.
- Monument Valley: Enjoy an authentic cookout during your Highlight Lunch, set amid the majestic buttes and mesas of the gorgeous surrounding landscape.
- Moab: Enjoy a Dine-Around evening as you choose from a hand-picked selection of mouthwatering restaurants.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Get together with your new friends for a memorable Celebration Dinner within the park’s beautiful surroundings.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfast (B), 5 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)
- Grand Canyon National Park: Join your Local Expert, Canyon Tim, for an informative talk about the wonders of the Grand Canyon. With over seven years of experience in geology, you’ll learn about the origins of the five-million-year-old canyon, its rock formation and its current impact. You’ll also discover the local flora and fauna, and find out where you might be able to spot elk, mule, deer, coyotes, grey foxes, bobcats and mountain lions.
Make Travel Matter
- Navajo Guide: MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® as you journey on through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles(8) with open sides to explore the valley with your Navajo guide. Hear about Navajo heritage from your guide and learn more about life on their beautiful land.
Top Rated Highlight
- Glen Canyon Dam: Later today, you’ll stop by the Glen Canyon Dam where you’ll learn about its history and impact on the Colorado River.
- Mesa Verde National Park: Make your way to Mesa Verde National Park, as the day draws to a close. Your lodge inside the park offers sweeping vistas that reach into three states.
- Cliff Palace in Mesa Verde: See the ancient pueblo cliff dwellings, known as the Cliff Palace.
- Arches National Park: Enjoy views of the natural formations, including the iconic Delicate Arch.
- Canyonlands National Park: Venture to Canyonlands National Park for a drive onto the Island in the Sky – a mesa resting 1,000 feet (305 metres) above the surrounding countryside, offering spectacular views over the dramatic sandstone formations.
- Capitol Reef National Park: Magni?cent scenery awaits at Capitol Reef National Park, best known for its Waterpocket Fold, a 100-mile-long (160 kilometre) warp in the earth’s crust. Journey along one of the most beautiful roads in the world, Scenic Byway 12, winding through stunning Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Head to the sandstone cliffs of Bryce Canyon National Park in Southern Utah. Here you will be met by pine trees and red rock pillars. Take a leisurely walk along Sunset Point while you view the great amphitheatres of the odd-shaped monoliths, known as hoodoos.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Travel through Bryce Canyon National Park, the great natural amphitheatre. The whimsical eroded rock formations that characterize this National Park feature some of Utah’s most unusual shapes. With your Travel Director, learn how wind, erosion and iron oxidation created the spellbinding hoodoos.
- Zion National Park: See the grandeur and natural features of the canyon in total comfort while traveling via private open-air tram with live on-board commentary.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Arrive in Las Vegas
The Wonders of the Grand Canyon
Grand Canyon and Lake Powell.
A Leisurely day at Lake Powell.
Monument Valley and the Navajo Nation.
Mesa Verde and Moab.
Delve into Canyonlands and Arches National Parks.
Capitol Reef and Bryce Canyon National Parks.
Whimsical Bryce Canyon National Park.
Zion National Park, back to Las Vegas.